Sunday, November 4, 2007

Anger and Dismay.

I took my little hearse in for its 6,000 mile oil change (6300 to be exact) and as the mechanic was finishing, I noticed he seemed to be looking for something. Sadly, he was. The service adviser came over and told me that I had an Oil Leak, and the mechanic was trying to find the source. Well, he searched for a while, and then got some Oil dye to put in the car so he could find the leak. When a second mechanic joined him I was worried, but when the second (more seasoned) mechanic said "WOW" I was very concerned.

That is when the service manager came over and explained that I have a "Porous leak" in my aluminum block. The only cure is a new engine. I was / am so angry about this, but the only fix is a new engine.

I spent a few hours searching the internet looking for any sign that this had happened somewhere before, but found nothing like this in any HHR search I checked. I returned the next day to talk it over with the manager and calm my fears that a new block was all I would be getting. It is a new engine top to bottom. He also stated that there was NO evidence that this had happened anywhere else in Chevy Land. Of course that was my luck......... Car should be ready next Friday (11/09/07). Until then I am driving the dealership's Chevy Uplander Mini Van. Since I am on Vacation I will spend more time behind the wheel of Ole' Blue anyway, but man am I disappointed.

No comments: