Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy (?) Father's Day







Ok, so at this point in my life I guess I am supposed to celebrate the fact that I am a father. I have two great kids to be thankful for.
What do I really think about on Father's Day. I think about my father. I think about the bad times, and I think about the good times. No everybody has their own opinion of him, but mine is purely that he was a good man trying to get through some tough times who loved his family, but really didn't know how to show it that well. What I will tell you is unfortunately I got to know him well much too late in his life. I remember July 4th, 1978. That was a great day. We had a great picnic that day, and he played wiffle ball with us all. I remember him coming home from work in the summer when we were kids and getting in the pool trying to cool off. Nope, no relaxation for him he was attacked by 4 5 or even more kids who jumped on him, and tried (unsuccessfully) to drag him under the water . I also remember times when he became dependent on my brother Steve and I. He could no longer drive, and needed us to stop at the store, drive him to doctors etc...I also remember the sad days (12/20/1994). What I remember most today is how much I miss him. So I will listen to some polkas, and remember my father

In the Navy (Before I was even born)


With Uncle Bill Domonkos, and Susan's Husband Jackie.


Circa 1979, always a fashion inovator. Check out the Plaid Pants


1980 At our wedding shown here with Shannon

Happy Father's Day

No comments: