Thursday, December 25, 2008

"The Tree"





Merry Christmas

Pictured here is not my tree this year, but my favorite tree. It has always been known as "The Tree" in our house. It was one of our last trees in our home in Shelton Connecticut before moving to Missouri. The tree you see purchased at our favorite tree spot Jone's Tree Farm (http://www.jonesfamilyfarms.com/)

This was the year I went by myself (Big Big Mistake). When I cut it the tree stood 12' tall. In order to get it in to our 9' ceilings I cut it down to 9'2". Once erected it broke three tree stands. We finally found a stand that would hold it, and had to screw the stand to the floor. We then had to wire the tree to three points in the wall behind it. We cut the plastic wrap off and low and behold "The Tree" was exposed to its full size of 8' wide at the base and 9' Tall.


Also pictured in this tree are the countless Hallmark ornaments, and family heirloom ornaments that usually adorn our tree. This one pretty much used them all. Also if you look hard you can see the tree top that has been placed on our tree for the last 28 years. It was the tree top from my father's house, which was on our tree when I was a child. So it is know at this point to be 45 years old at least.

Also in the picture (front left) is my Santa Claus. He stand about three feet tall (life size) and is made of paper mache. Like the tree topper he is known to be at least 45 years old because that's as long as I can remember him. He of course has had some repairs over the years, but it makes him no less a precious item to me.

So why blog about a tree, because I can....... I love Christmas, and to me the tree is where it starts for decorations.

Just for reference here are some of our other trees through the years



No comments: